Thursday, October 16, 2008

Finding your special light


A daily reading from October 11:

We are each gifted in a unique and important way. It is our privilege and our adventure to discover our own special light. Mary Dunbar Hewlett

Many of us have no clear idea of what our special light is. We feel as if we are no good at all, and nothing we do is worth much. Yet somewhere, deep inside, we can also feel the smallest belief that there is something we can do very well--something that is our special gift.

In order to find our special light, we need to be open. Perhaps our gift is something we already want and know, but it may come as a surprise.

Prayer for the Day: What special light, what important gifts have you given me so that I can share it with others. Please help me find it.

Today's Action: Today I will make a list of things I know about myself and things people say about me. Then I will look for clues in this list that might point to my special light.

No comments: