Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Week One, Tuesday Night

From Mike Betot:

Hello everyone,

We just finished our first week and it went really well. It was about 2 1/2 hours in length, and that is about a half hour longer than our past book studies.

There were some flaws in the handouts and some questions along the way. Since I had the handouts last, and was the one to review them, I will take the blame for that one. Please note, the two boxes next to the Experience/passion section on the back of handout #6 should be one check box and then blank space. I used the grid for both and it looks wrong and lends to confusion. There are also two topics on that page, G-Spirit and G-Service. I believe those were left over from the original material and relate to ministries not at our church.

I left Handout #5 completely out of the syllabus, but I do have it in the trainers manual. We did read it in session and everyone enjoyed it.

Someone thought question #53 on the assessment could be better worded by asking the question "Do you feel good with the choices you make?"

We had some nice conversation involving the similarities and differences in the Fillmore work we read with Eckert Tolle's works. Regarding the word redemption, and bringing yourself into alignment with God.

Our group did have Bibles and they were used, along with the discussion of the scripture work in the appendix.

Several people mentioned the large response there was to this book study and they found that interesting since this one would seem to be more work than past book studies.

Everyone was very enthusiastic about it and it left our house very energized for the rest of the night. A great evening with old friends and the addition of several new ones.

I did see other typos and inconsistencies, as I am sure you did too. I think I have the last copy of all the materials, so if you want to send me changes and comments we can bring them up at our next design meeting and I will make the changes for future generations of Spiritual Gift Students.

Love and Light,Mike

No comments: